Volunteering at the Refugee and Migrant Centre offers you a unique experience to work with refugees, asylum seekers and migrants in a relaxed, yet professional environment. Whether you want to gain valuable work experience, develop new skills or do something rewarding, RMC can give you the opportunity to be a part of a committed team of volunteers and staff.
At RMC we have a variety of volunteer roles taking place across all of our offices and projects. We recruit throughout the year, but often have limited availability of specific roles.
We are currently looking for:
- Volunteer Mentors in Wolverhampton (Vietnemese speakers)
- Interpreters or Advisors in Wolverhampton (Punjabi, Mandarin, Cantonese, Amharic or Tigrinya speakers)
- Interpreters or Advisors in Birmingham (Farsi, Mandarin or Cantonese speakers)
- Interpreter volunteers in Walsall (Farsi, Kurdish, Polish)
- Outreach volunteers to assist with Homeless Walks in Wolverhampton (ideally Romanian speakers but not essential)
If you wish to apply for any of our roles, please do, and if we can not able to offer anything at this time, we will add you to our waiting list for when more roles become available.
You can click the button below to download our volunteer pack, or scroll down to apply online
“Thank you to RMC for helping me and encouraging me to learn so much during my time as a volunteer, and also for putting trust in me with responsibilities that are an important part of the day to day running of the centre. In short, all involved at the centre have played a part in helping me to achieve my goal of forcing a career change and finding a rewarding employment.”
“The experience was truly invaluable and has improved my confidence, and allowed me to improve my teaching abilities in every area.”