Volunteering at the Refugee and Migrant Centre offers you a unique experience to work with refugees, asylum seekers and migrants in a relaxed, yet professional environment. Whether you want to gain valuable work experience, develop new skills or do something rewarding, RMC can give you the opportunity to be a part of a committed team of volunteers and staff.
We are proud to have recently received the Investing in Volunteers accreditation for good practice.
We are currently looking for
At RMC we have a variety of volunteer roles taking place across all of our offices and projects. We recruit throughout the year, but often have limited availability of specific roles.
- Volunteer Mentors for Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children in Wolverhampton with one of the following languages:
- Vietnamese, Tigrinya
- Interpreters or Advisors in Wolverhampton ideally with one of the following languages:
- Romanian, Albanian, Amharic Or Tigrinya, Kurdish or Farsi
- Advisors or Interpreter volunteers in Walsall with the following languages:
- Lithuanian, Polish, Kurdish
- Outreach volunteers to assist with Homeless Walks in Wolverhampton (ideally Romanian speakers but not essential) – Wednesday Mornings or Evenings
- Project Admin Volunteer in Wolverhampton – Strong Admin skills required
- Health Champions in Wolverhampton, Birmingham or Coventry – New opportunity!
- Reception & Admin Volunteer in Birmingham – Strong Admin skills required
- Life in the UK assistant Tutor in Birmingham – Fridays
- Employment Volunteers in Birmingham
If you wish to apply for any of our roles, please do, and if we can not able to offer anything at this time, we will add you to our waiting list for when more roles become available.
You can click the button below to download our volunteer pack, or scroll down to apply online
“Thank you to RMC for helping me and encouraging me to learn so much during my time as a volunteer, and also for putting trust in me with responsibilities that are an important part of the day to day running of the centre. In short, all involved at the centre have played a part in helping me to achieve my goal of forcing a career change and finding a rewarding employment.”
“The experience was truly invaluable and has improved my confidence, and allowed me to improve my teaching abilities in every area.”